

I came across this article about this street art competition called "Secret Wars."
It's live painting with a twist. Two artists head to head with no other color 'cept blakk/white.
Rules:
- 90 MINS ON THE CLOCK
- BLACK PAINT ONLY – ON WHITE WALLS!
- NO SKETCHES / NO PENCILS
- INVISIBLE MIDDLE LINE WITH AN ARTIST EITHER SIDE
JUDGED USING A 3 POINT SYSTEM – 2 GUEST JUDGES AND A CROWD VOTE
(USING A DECIBEL READER)
QUESTION FROM FORMAT MAGAZINE:
How did the idea of a art battle start to materialize?
SW:
If my memory serves me right – I had just watched Warriors and Fight Club and probably had a couple of beers inside me – I started thinking how could we up the ante at our exhibitions and make it more of a show for the people….A day or so later and a pad filled with ideas, Secret Wars was born. Obviously the title was inspired by the Marvel comic – where many characters were summoned to a planet in a duel to the death. The rest is history…
For More about Secret Wars, visit



No comments:
Post a Comment